HSBC Holdings plc is a public limited company registered in England and Wales under Company Register Number 617987 and with its registered office at 8 Canada Square, London E14 5HQ.
HBAP is a company incorporated in Hong Kong and is situated at HSBC Main Building, 1 Queen's Road, Central, Hong Kong.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited hosts the HSBC Advance website and provides technical support, access and links to the Local Sites of HSBC Group members. HSBC Holdings plc does not offer financial services or products. Financial services and products may only be obtained by registering with a Local Site. For more information on how to use this website, please see the Terms and Conditions.
The HSBC Group provides financial products and services through its affiliated companies and branches located in over 80 countries and territories. Privacy and personal data protection principles vary from one country to another. When you access or link to a Local Site, please read the privacy statement issued by the Local Site to determine the policies that apply to information or data maintained by the Local Site.
If you register to use the password-protected portions of the website, we will ask you to provide us with certain up to date data about yourself, which we will handle in accordance with the United Kingdom’s Data Protection legislation and any other relevant data privacy / protection legislation. We maintain strict security standards and procedures with a view to preventing unauthorised access to your data by anyone, including our staff. We use leading technologies such as (but not limited to) data encryption, firewalls and server authentication to protect the security of your data. All HSBC Group companies, all our staff and whenever we hire third parties to provide support services, we will require them to observe our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
HSBC's Privacy Principles
HSBC’s business has been built on trust between HSBC customers and HSBC. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to HSBC, HSBC maintain the following privacy principles:
- HSBC only collects personal information that HSBC believes to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs and to conduct HSBC’s business.
- HSBC uses your personal information to provide you with better customer services and products.
- HSBC may pass your personal information to other HSBC Group members or agents, as permitted by law.
- HSBC will not disclose your personal information to any external organisation unless HSBC has your consent or is required by law or has previously informed you.
- HSBC may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or HSBC’s regulators, but HSBC will only do so under proper authority.
- HSBC aims to keep your personal information on HSBC’s records accurate and up-to-date.
- HSBC maintains strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information by anyone, including HSBC staff.
- All HSBC Group members, all HSBC staff and all third parties with permitted access to your information are specifically required to observe HSBC’s confidentiality obligations.
By maintaining HSBC’s commitment to these principles, we will ensure that HSBC respects the inherent trust that you place in HSBC.
If you have any queries regarding privacy issues, then email us or visit any of our branches for more information. To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help us continually improve our service and in the interests of security, we may monitor and/or record your telephone calls with us. Please see our Important Notes for more details on the use of our website.
By accessing this website and any of its pages, you are agreeing to these Terms.